South Paw Brewing presents Catharsis IPA. 5.73% ABV in 12oz and 22oz bottles. Available this Saturday, April 19th 2014. (at South Paw Brewing)
Con Hour 17
Welcome to the seventeenth installment of Vincent’s Condescension Hour. I don’t know if I’m just busier lately or that my drought in finding striking new music has been difficult. Needless to say, this list is rock solid. These records are all so great. These are some records that I found lately and I feel obligated to share with you:
1) Tiny Moving Parts’ “This Couch is Long & Full of Friendship” - Emo/Math Rock/Screamo (2013, Kind Of Like Records)
2) Justin Nozuka’s “Ulysees” - Acoustic Rock/Soul (2014, Glassnote Records)
3) Seahaven’s “Reverie Lagoon: Music For Escapism Only” - Indie Rock/Emo (2014, Run For Cover Records)
4) Manchester Orchestra’s “Cope” - Indie/Rock/Alternative (2014, Favorite Gentlemen)
5) Mother Of Mercy’s “IV: Symptoms Of Existence” - Hardcore Punk (2011, Bridge Nine Records)
I’m so bummed that THIS is happening in New Zealand and Australia and not the US…yet. Hopefully that it is just “yet” because I really wanna see this. Gotta get more of Madame Monae’s stuff though. Also Coachella live streams were interesting. I don’t understand how some of the artists got to play at such a huge festival. I didn’t watch many acts but OutKast was so overhyped; Andre 3000 couldn’t care less. And Pharrell’s set, dare I say, was actually cool. Hopefully it is streaming next week after his voice comes back. I remember now why I liked him in the first place.
South Paw Brewing presents: Catharsis IPA! Comes in 12oz and 22oz bottles at 5.73% ABV. Available 04.19.14 (at South Paw Brewing)
Con Hour 16
Welcome to the sixteenth installment of Vincent’s Condescension Hour. I’m on spring break. These are some records that I found lately and I feel obligated to share with you:
1) St. Vincent “St. Vincent” - Indie Pop/Art Rock (2014, Loma Vista/Republic)
2) Ringworm’s “Hammer Of The Witch” - Thrash/Hardcore (2014, Relapse Records)
3) La Dispute’s “The Rooms Of The House” - Post-Hardcore/Experimental (2014, Better Living)
4) Iselia’s “II: Dawn” - Post Rock/Screamo/Hardcore (2014, Self-Released)
5) Animals As Leaders’ “Joy Of Motion” - Progressive Metal/Instrumental (2014, Sumerian Records)
My homie Pablo came to me late and asked for a sexy girl in a polka dot bikini. How could I refuse him?
I’ve had a few different projects while at Otis that featured busty women. I was always so shit at making girls so I always wanted them to be as feminine as possible. The punchline is that whenever I did a project, everyone suddenly had so many comments on critiques and how she should look. Always thought that was fun and funny.
1)this may be the arrogant bastard talking, be it myself or this viscous beer by stone, but the fact that Community might make it to #sixseasonsandamovie is crazy. imagine if nbc let them do a sixth season and then they did a crowd funded movie. that should would blow up. i’d drop like at least $150 on that.
2) i can’t wait to get my own pad. or better yet, open-air bedroom/loft. i can have my friends from norcal come and visit me and i can have people over whenever i want. i can walk around naked and/or exercise in the house. i want a condo and it’s sad that the realistic goal for it is to set up a high-end bar with mirrors and LED shelves for the liquor and a wall mounted, always chilled keg of homebrew beer while the idea of a soundproofed area for drums is too much.
Con Hour 15
Hey you. Welcome to the fifteenth installment of Vincent’s Condescension Hour. This is a god damn solid list and February has been a great month for finding older records and listening to my anticipated releases. These are some records that I found lately and I feel obligated to share with you:
1) Helm’s Alee’s “Sleepwalking Sailors” - Post-Rock/Sludge (2014, Sargent House)
2) Joie De Vivre’s and Prawn’s “Split” - Emo/Indie-Rock/Post-Rock (2014, Topshelf Records)
3) Milan’s “Glassy Eyes - EP” - “Future Soul” (2014, Self-Released)
4) The Hotelier’s “Home, Like Noplace Is There” - Emo/Indie/Punk (2014, Tiny Engines)
5) Schoolboy Q’s “Oxymoron” - Hip-Hop/Rap (2014, TDE / Interscope)
Bands like Traitors and Black Tongue, are the equivalent of “ignorant rap” to me. It’s just fun music; lighthearted and not to taken too seriously. Traitor’s S/T EP was a lot of fun. Worth a mention, but not making the list.
I saved my thesis by deleting it.
Good news or bad news first? Bad news is that I love everything I had from the last semester in concerns to my thesis project. Everything including my PSD’s, AI’s, motion test, presentations, etc. I blame it on myself. I had two folders labeled thesis that were completely different and I saved one over the other.
The good news is that before realizing my grave mistake, I had already decided to rebranded, revamped, and reconstructed my thesis. The story, the tone, the idea is all the same but the execution is wildly different, all of which is in my favor.
Good riddance, eh? Another post later about what I’ve learned thus far.