Let’s take a moment and appreciate how amazing Space Chords is and will always be. The battery may fluctuate, but this is a constant.
The Story So Far Confront Security Guard To Protect Crowdsurfers At Warped Tour
Parker Cannon and Will Levy of The Story So Far jumped off-stage in Montreal to fend off a security guard after seeing fans being aggressively mishandled.
yo, hell yeah
I got a guitar yesterday, the modestly priced Cordoba C5. I hope she’ll get me through this next week of scary freelancing.
Here’s to trying to get out just playing church chords and the intro to “Pollen and Salt” and “New American Classic”. Why can’t I just be awesome now and play CHON songs already!?
Con Hour 19
1) Kidkanevil’s “My Little Ghost” - Downbeat / Electronica / Instrumental Hip-Hop (2014, Project Moon Circle)
2) The Honey Trees’ “Bright Fire” - Dream Pop / Folk / Indie (2014, Self-Released)
3) Wreck And Reference’s “Want” - Doom Metal / Drone / Experimental (2014, Flenser Records)
4) Glasser’s “Interiors” - Electropop / Experimental / Indie (2013, True Panther Sounds)
5) Snarky Puppy’s “We Like It Here” - Instrumental Fusion (2014, Ropeadope)
I saw a dear friend, James Maa, after a prolonged absence at one of Saosin/Anthony Green Reunion shows. He asked me what I’ve been listening to. It’s hard to describe but a lot of Flenser’s discography is resonating with me, at least making me feel something from music I haven’t in a while. I’m excited to check out more on the label and more like it in general. I urge you to do the same.
ps. 90’s Music by Kimbra is awesome. And I love how How To Dress Well has been labelled as “Glacial Neo-Soul”.
Stop Molesting Women At Concerts
Luke O’Neil at Bullett Media has posted an article called Stop Molesting Women At Concerts following Rockfest this past weekend. Read the full piece here or a snippet below after the jump.
Staind Frontman Calls Out Crowd For “Molesting” Crowdsurfer
Shout out to theangelawong for drawing me. what can i say? i love da beers!
Might be cliché to play Ella, but had to showcase this steal of a system. Post-grad gift to myself (and @calebollivant by association).
Con Hour 18
Welcome to the eighteenth installment of Vincent’s Condescension Hour. I’ve graduated! Thanks to all the friends I made there and my family along the way; I am the man I am now because of all of you. And without taking any days off, I’m in it now, working! So hopefully, now that my formal education is over, I will have more time to release and consume content. These are some records that I found lately and I feel obligated to share with you:
1) Structures’ “Life Through A Window” - Progressive Metalcore / Hardcore (2014, Sumerian Records)
2) Rivers Of Nihil’s “The Conscious Seed of Light” - Technical Death Metal (2013, Metal Blade Records)
3) BADBADNOTGOOD’s “III” - Jazz / Electronic / Fusion (Innovative Leisure, 2014)
4) Tune-Yards’ “Nikki Nack” - Indie / Experientmental (2014, 4AD)
5) Destrage’s “Are You Kidding Me? No” - Progressive Metal (2014, Metal Blade)
South Paw Brewing presents Catharsis IPA. 5.73% ABV in 12oz and 22oz bottles. Available this Saturday, April 19th 2014. (at South Paw Brewing)
Con Hour 17
Welcome to the seventeenth installment of Vincent’s Condescension Hour. I don’t know if I’m just busier lately or that my drought in finding striking new music has been difficult. Needless to say, this list is rock solid. These records are all so great. These are some records that I found lately and I feel obligated to share with you:
1) Tiny Moving Parts’ “This Couch is Long & Full of Friendship” - Emo/Math Rock/Screamo (2013, Kind Of Like Records)
2) Justin Nozuka’s “Ulysees” - Acoustic Rock/Soul (2014, Glassnote Records)
3) Seahaven’s “Reverie Lagoon: Music For Escapism Only” - Indie Rock/Emo (2014, Run For Cover Records)
4) Manchester Orchestra’s “Cope” - Indie/Rock/Alternative (2014, Favorite Gentlemen)
5) Mother Of Mercy’s “IV: Symptoms Of Existence” - Hardcore Punk (2011, Bridge Nine Records)
I’m so bummed that THIS is happening in New Zealand and Australia and not the US…yet. Hopefully that it is just “yet” because I really wanna see this. Gotta get more of Madame Monae’s stuff though. Also Coachella live streams were interesting. I don’t understand how some of the artists got to play at such a huge festival. I didn’t watch many acts but OutKast was so overhyped; Andre 3000 couldn’t care less. And Pharrell’s set, dare I say, was actually cool. Hopefully it is streaming next week after his voice comes back. I remember now why I liked him in the first place.