Welcome to the 20th, Twentieth installment of Vincent’s Condescension Hour. I am Vincent. This summer is going to be crazy for music. Some release Tuesdays are stacked with bands that I am so incredibly stoked for. It’s gonna be a great summer for metal, so expect that. These are some records that I found lately and I feel obligated to share with you:
1) Monuments’ “The Amanuensis” - Progressive Metal / Djent (2014, Century Media
2) Tyrant of Death’s “Ascendancy” - Extreme Industrial Metal (2014, Self Released)
3) Origin’s “Omnipresent” - Technical Death Metal (2014, Nuclear Blast Records)
4) Volumes’ “No Sleep” - Progressive Metalcore / Djent (2014, Mediaskare Records)
5) Livio Gianola’s “Otro Sitio (A Palette Of Latin Colors) - Flamenco / Guitar-Based Latin (2014, Europe-Amstel Records)
Djent is a total fad. It’s kinda lame and pretty predictable and sometimes I feel silly when I’m so on board with it as a genre/musical style (just like how I kinda renounce Pop Punk / Hardcore now). I can talk about Animals As Leaders for forever and I feel like such a fanboy. But whatever, it’s great music to me and that’s all that matters.
Meanwhile, I can’t believe I have guitar idols now. Feels weird. Like I’m betraying myself